Saturday, April 15, 2017

Western Field 740 A-EMN Reblue x3 part 2

Before we get to today's post I wanted to bring to your attention that today, April 15th, is National Buy a Gun Day. See my posts here and here and be sure to stop by your local gun store if nothing else but to say hi.



Time to strip the bluing for the third time....

same M.O., coat the metal with naval jelly and give it 10 min to do its work, then rinse with hot water.


 Since this gun had already been polished, I rubbed the metal down with 0000 steel wool, then began polishing the barrel and receiver to 1200 grit, then I taped off the polished parts and sand blasted the exposed areas



Like a dummy I forgot to tape off the barrel....another quick polish and then a clean up with crocus cloth


then back in the bluing tank.

Here are all the blued parts ready to become a rifle again!












Before and After: