Friday, May 18, 2018

Featured Gun Posts



My first Featured Gun article wasn't really that, it was more of a story about how the guns were made and how their construction affected the refinishing of them. It was based on the Winchester Model 94 rifles, see it here

I followed that up with the story of the Colt Lightning Rifle in March of 2014, see that post here



The next one wasn't about a particular model of gun, but rather a cartridge: The .44 Magnum. See it here

Another story of a gun, but not quite a Featured Gun article was about the Ruger "Six" line of double action revolvers, see that post here



As the posts evolved I started adding more info and history, this is the story of the Ruger Bearcat from June 2014 

A story about the history and reality of the "Saturday Night Special" 

I covered the story of the Dan Wesson Revolvers, see it here

That same month I covered the history of the H&R 999 Sportsman 



A short post about the Ruger .32 caliber Single Six mini Vaquero, known as the "Vaquerito" 

February 19th, 2015 was my first named Featured Gun article, written about the Ranger model 101.2 Shotgun, see it here 

I followed it up with a story on the WesternField 45 .22 rifle, which I mis-identified as a Mossberg, it was actually a Savage, see the post here 

I did an interesting write up on the history and legend of the Buntline Special in which I may have solved the mystery on where the legend came from, see it here 








The S&W 629 Classic 44 Magnum

This was a bit of a Featured Gun and a gun review on the IWI Tavor 

I did the same sort of write up on the Ruger Charger pistol

The Beretta CX4 Storm carbine was next in line, see it here 

Another Ruger, this one the .44 Carbine



The "Black Army" Colt M1911 pistol, see it here

The Hawes Western Marshal Revolver

starting off 2016 I did a Featured Gun article on the Stevens/Springfield model 83, see it here

The Featured Gun article I did on the Remington model 16 got some national attention due to a reprint at TFB, see the post here

The Beretta 21A "Bobcat" 


A write up on a special edition Ruger Blackhawk, the "Buckeye Special"

Another article that was a pseudo Featured Gun piece, this one was on George Jennings and the "ring of fire"

I came to acquire a Spanish made copy of a S&W revolver, so I did a Featured Gun post on it, see it here

This Winchester model 74 was part of a collection I purchased

A post on the Hopkins and Allen Dictator II, a real Suicide Special, see the post here

I purchased a new in box S&W model 25-5 and could not resist doing a Feature Gun article on it, see it here



A friend of my Father's brought me an interesting gun to look at, a Swedish Nagant revolver, see the story here

A follow up to the story of George Jennings and the ring of fire, I covered one of my first pistols, the Jennings J-22

Another article that was about a man and the guns named for him John Higgins, aka J.C. Higgins

We round out 2016 with a story on the Accu-Tek AT380 pistol

I did a write up on the Colt Snake Guns called "The Seven Serpents of Colt"




The J.C. Higgins 583.2 Shotgun


The High Standard Sentinel was another gun that I used to own, see my write up here


I covered a gun my Father owns, the Marlin model 39A


A unique story of the Richardson Guerilla Gun






After building a Cobray Model D kit gun, I detailed its story, see it here


One of my favorite guns, the Ruger Vaquero




Another revolver that I used to own, the Taurus 669VR


A Featured Gun article that started a project, the J.C. Higgins model 41


The Snake Charmer shotgun, see the post here


The Detonics Combat Master 1911 pistol






our final Featured Gun post of 2017 is about a cartridge, the .263 Sabre, see it here


The Iver Johnson Safety Automatic


Another project kick starter, the Stevens 325C 30-30 rifle, see it here


Last Month's Featured gun was the Samozaryadny Karabin sistemy Simonova

 
Stay tuned, we have many more guns to talk about, some rare, some very common, but as always I will try to bring a different perspective.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment